Already a member ? Log in Sign up for a FREE account! Home | Forums | Contact Us | Help/FAQs
Compare Managed Funds

Welcome to Compare Funds.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to our site features. By signing up for a free basic account, you will have access to additional features for finding and comparing funds, and will be able to post questions in the support forums and communicate with other site members. Registration is fast and simple, so please:
If you have any questions or problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

feature request

for a given fund to be able to specify the date you joined and perhaps how much cash or how many units you have in the fund. The percentages would then tell you how much gain or loss you made so far. (and could include reinvested distributions + further purchases as well)

It would be cool to get a percentage, or profit across a portfolio of funds.

I'm doing this already just in excel.

just tried to upload an xls file and got told invalid file.

Apart from that the graphs on this website look really great and load really quickly using ie7 running on vista 64 ultimate.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Cool - thanks for the suggestion. I'm already planning on building a complete portfolio management system - but that's a longer term plan and rather complex (and typical of my "overengineering" things )

... but in the short term, I could certainly implement something that allows you to do simple calculations pretty easily. I'll add it to the list!

This is a general comment only and does not constitute advice. Before making financial decisions you should seek advice from a professional adviser, who can take into account your specific circumstances and investment goals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim View Post
... but in the short term, I could certainly implement something that allows you to do simple calculations pretty easily. I'll add it to the list!
How quickly and easy would it be for you to add support for "custom date to current date".

I know you use last3 in the URL to specify last 3 months. Could you add support for fromYYYYMMDD? You don't even need to add the field in the form for it - I'll just update the URL in bookmarks.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Hi samaka,

To minimise the impact on CPU and database from people doing arbitrary calculations, I pre-calculate the performance statistics for set periods, so it's not currently set up to easily add a new period in the table display routines since the calculations are done at data update time, not at display time.

I'll be adding the ability to track funds the way you want in due course.

This is a general comment only and does not constitute advice. Before making financial decisions you should seek advice from a professional adviser, who can take into account your specific circumstances and investment goals.