Already a member ? Log in Sign up for a FREE account! Home | Forums | Contact Us | Help/FAQs
Compare Managed Funds

Welcome to Compare Funds.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to our site features. By signing up for a free basic account, you will have access to additional features for finding and comparing funds, and will be able to post questions in the support forums and communicate with other site members. Registration is fast and simple, so please:
If you have any questions or problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Fund Manager / Managed Fund requests

Please post your requests for fund managers you'd like me to implement, and/or any particular funds you'd like to see added first.

Fund managers I already have data for:
  • Colonial First State - Managed Investment Funds
  • Colonial First State - FirstChoice Investments
  • Colonial First State - FirstChoice Wholesale Investments
  • NavraInvest
  • Platinum Asset Management
  • BT Investment Funds
  • BT Investor Choice Funds
  • BT Classic Investment Funds
  • BT Wholesale managed funds
  • Challenger
  • Perpetual
  • Ausbil
  • Pengana (Emerging Companies and Property Securities funds only)

Fund managers I think I can get data for:
  • Hunter Hall
  • Lincoln

Fund managers I'm pretty sure I can't get data for (without paying a lot of $$$):
  • Macquarie
  • AMP
  • Australian Unity
  • Tyndall
  • Portfolio Partners
  • Barclays Global Investors
  • Principal Global Investors

Other fund managers with problems
  • Ganes Focused Value Fund - only publishes weekly data, which messes up my statistics
  • Prime Value Funds - don't have complete history ... although they do have a note on their website saying you should contact them if you want information on the history (whether that means they have the data available or not I'm not sure).
  • Selector - only transacts monthly, statistics wouldn't really work with monthly data
  • Skandia - don't seem to have full history of unit prices available. Can't find distribution data
  • DDH Graham - they don't seem to have accurate distribution data - some of the distribution information is missing, so the results are difficult to obtain accurately
  • Fidelity - not sure if they are actually publishing full unit price data, but they don't provide full distribution data or ex-distribution unit prices anyway, so I can't do statistics for them

This is a general comment only and does not constitute advice. Before making financial decisions you should seek advice from a professional adviser, who can take into account your specific circumstances and investment goals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

If we can get the historical data and theirs websites who only provide the data for the day, can you still do graphs etc?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
If we can get the historical data and theirs websites who only provide the data for the day, can you still do graphs etc?
Yes, but I'd be reluctant to do so, since if something breaks and the system misses a day of data - it can cause issues. I'm not saying this is something I won't consider - I'm just focusing on the data I can easily get first.

I intend to investigate models whereby I can afford to buy premium data for all fund managers - but that very much depends on getting enough income to cover those costs (very expensive).

This is a general comment only and does not constitute advice. Before making financial decisions you should seek advice from a professional adviser, who can take into account your specific circumstances and investment goals.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

thats no problems, i understand the missing a days data as ive done it a few times and it just makes it so much more difficult.

i think there is enough "free" data to worry about at first to get and attract people to the site before you push into the premium data

once again thanks..
Old 01-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Great site Sim,
The following funds would be nice:
BT Imputation Fund
BT Geared Imputation Fund
AMP Small Companies
AMP Future Directions Geared Share
Challenger China Share Fund
Aust Unity Property Securities
Ganes Focused Value Fund
Prime Value Fund
Selector Australian Equities

Pity about MacQ
Old 02-10-2007, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

AMP and Tyndall

GIO0001AU and TYN0010AU are my funds.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

One of the simplier ones and a good benchmark until phase 2 gets up and running could be the asx sectors and index..

this could be good to just see where the stock market has made most of its gains, and while it wouldnt be seperated between income and growth, i still think it would be benificial....
Old 05-10-2007, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi Sim - great site I'd also like to see Tyndall info and any other highly rated Ozzie equity managers
Old 09-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well Done Sim
I think l will just soak up all the initial innovations and appreciate comments of others.
Denis
Old 13-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unthreaded View Post
The following funds would be nice:
BT Imputation Fund
BT Geared Imputation Fund
BT funds are now online.