Already a member ? Log in Sign up for a FREE account! Home | Forums | Contact Us | Help/FAQs
Compare Managed Funds

Welcome to Compare Funds.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to our site features. By signing up for a free basic account, you will have access to additional features for finding and comparing funds, and will be able to post questions in the support forums and communicate with other site members. Registration is fast and simple, so please:
If you have any questions or problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

What about Pengana?

Any chance of getting the Pengana funds?

Pengana - Home

Especially the emerging companies fund

DaveJ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
Any chance of getting the Pengana funds?

Pengana - Home

Especially the emerging companies fund

DaveJ
Looks like the only two which have meaningful data available are the Emerging Companies fund and the Property Securities fund ... so I should be able to do them (I'll add it to the list).

This is a general comment only and does not constitute advice. Before making financial decisions you should seek advice from a professional adviser, who can take into account your specific circumstances and investment goals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim View Post
Looks like the only two which have meaningful data available are the Emerging Companies fund and the Property Securities fund ... so I should be able to do them (I'll add it to the list).
Wow...Thanks Sim. I didn't say it last post,

BUT YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT SITE/SERVICE HERE... Great Work!
Old 18-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unthreaded View Post
Challenger China Share Fund
Challenger funds are now online: http://www.comparefunds.com.au/fund-manager/challenger/

This is a general comment only and does not constitute advice. Before making financial decisions you should seek advice from a professional adviser, who can take into account your specific circumstances and investment goals.
Old 19-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

any chance of getting the ing funds as well? I know alot are platform funds but it would be great to get the normal ing ones....
Old 23-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Hmm ... looking at the ING website, the way they display their data could be troublesome. I'm not sure I could easily automate access to that data

I'll add it to the list and will revisit it later when I get a chance.

Old 25-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unthreaded View Post
The following funds would be nice:
AMP Small Companies
AMP Future Directions Geared Share
*sigh* looks like I can't get AMP data either

Old 25-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy View Post
AMP and Tyndall

GIO0001AU and TYN0010AU are my funds.
Nope - can't get unit price data for either

You'll have to wait for the premium service (which will cost $$)

Old 28-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

Sim
How many managed funds are there ?
How many do you anticipate being able to access ?
Regards
Denis
Old 28-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
How many managed funds are there ?
How many do you anticipate being able to access ?
There are about 20,000 funds in Australia - but that includes all the super funds, master trusts, and variations thereof, which I'm not intending to cover.

I think there are about 1,000 - 2,000 retail and wholesale (less than $250K minimum investment) funds I think ... I'd hope to get near half of these for free off the web.

It will come down to a matter of whether people are interested in a more complete range of data, and if they are prepared to pay for it and if so how much. It's very expensive to buy the data (tens of thousands of dollars per year), so we'd need sufficient people willing to pay to make it available at reasonable cost. Think 200+ people paying $100 per year each at the very least (possibly more).

I may be able to do some deal which will allow cheaper access to the data, but that depends on a lot of things.