Already a member ? Log in Sign up for a FREE account! Home | Forums | Contact Us | Help/FAQs
Compare Managed Funds

Welcome to Compare Funds.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to our site features. By signing up for a free basic account, you will have access to additional features for finding and comparing funds, and will be able to post questions in the support forums and communicate with other site members. Registration is fast and simple, so please:
If you have any questions or problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Hi Sim,

Hunter Hall would be nice.

* Value Growth Trust
* Global Ethical Trust
* Australian Value Trust

Hunter Hall Investment Management

Cheers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebe View Post
Hunter Hall would be nice.
Looks like I can get the data I need - I'll add it to the list.

This is a general comment only and does not constitute advice. Before making financial decisions you should seek advice from a professional adviser, who can take into account your specific circumstances and investment goals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
Any chance of getting the Pengana funds?

Pengana - Home

Especially the emerging companies fund
Pengana funds are now online: http://www.comparefunds.com.au/f3/ne...er-pengana-27/

This is a general comment only and does not constitute advice. Before making financial decisions you should seek advice from a professional adviser, who can take into account your specific circumstances and investment goals.
Old 24-11-2007, 12:51 PM   #24 (permalink)

Hi Sim

How about

Lincoln - Intelligent Sharemarket Solutions

Must admit that I haven't spent a lot of time appreciating your new site but is there some way that in the comparisons there is an indication of dividends paid as without it the comparison data is somewhat skewed. Possibly I am missing something?

Cheers

PS must have that drink soon as I have another idea for you.
Old 24-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
If we can get the historical data and theirs websites who only provide the data for the day, can you still do graphs etc?
I've had a bit more of a think about this - the problem is that I need the system to be completely automated ... and while I can automate the gathering of daily unit prices - I can't do accurate charting without accurate distribution information.

I'll have to look at each fund to determine whether distribution data is available in a manner that I can automate it confidently enough. Bad data is my worst fear - something that looks reasonable but just isn't correct ... it can have an impact on all of the charts and statistics for that fund.

For the upcoming portfolio feature I'm building, I think we can get away with just the daily updated prices - even if we can't do accurate historic charts for the fund ... all we really need to know is today's unit price - you'd need to input your own distribution data for your funds to ensure the portfolio details are accurate.

Once I've finished the automation process for as many funds as possible (where I can get full data for charting and stats), I'll then look at automating the gathering of daily prices for portfolio tracking purposes.

Old 24-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyandy View Post
Yup, looks like I can get data for them - although they don't publish distribution data, so I'll have to calculate it (which is not 100% accurate - but it's close).

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyandy View Post
Must admit that I haven't spent a lot of time appreciating your new site but is there some way that in the comparisons there is an indication of dividends paid as without it the comparison data is somewhat skewed. Possibly I am missing something?
I'm not exactly sure what you want to see ? All charts and statistics are based on an initial investment of $10K at fund inception, with all distributions reinvested ... so any comparisons you see are made on the same basis. Is that what you are looking for ?

Old 29-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

Hi Sim,

What about LICs and ETF's?

Cheers.
Old 29-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebe View Post
What about LICs and ETF's?
Yes, I think it would be a great idea to add them into the site - I had already considered it.

Haven't researched it yet to work out whether I can get data ... share prices are easy, it's dividends and splits/issues and such which are potentially problematic - I haven't got that far yet to know what will be required.

It's on the list!!

Old 15-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

Funds for the list

Hi SIM

You have 4 of my 6 funds. Although they are all experiencing -ve returns at the moment, anything you can do about that

The two that aren't listed are:

Barclays Mgd Invest - Aust Share Fund (BAR0814AU)
Principal Property Securities Fund (PRE0001AU)

These are taken from a list provided by my Financial Planner, so if they don't actually exist anywhere, let me know and I will chase up if there is a typo or something else dodgy going on.

Great site, well done once again.

Tronc
Old 15-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Sim
Administrator

Unfortunately Barclays Global Investors don't provide full historic unit price data (only going back 5 or 6 years) ... and don't provide any details of historic distributions - so I can't accurately chart them.

I can't find any performance data at all from Principal Global Investors